Why do we need you?
The MI Analyst is responsible for supporting the businesses data and analytics needs by leveraging hands on experience with advanced analytics tools. Working with a range of stakeholders to understand the complexities of the business, they will be able to suggest process improvements and develop new solutions fit for a modern, data-led business.
At MoneyPlus you’ll be joining a firm that will strive to support you and help you achieve your goals and ambitions. We expect you to work hard and behave professionally but we’ll ensure you have fun along the way. Building on our well-established roots, we’re looking to grow.
What’s in it for you?
Working at MoneyPlus, you’ll have access to:
- An open mindset that embraces new ideas and methodologies
- An ingrained dedication and opportunities to support our company nominated charity, Manchester Youth Zone
- Work perks a plenty, from a Medicash health plan – inclusive of 24/7 access to mental health support, everyday healthcare and treatments, cashback on glasses and more, company-wide freebies, discounts through Perkbox and discounted Costco membership
- Our very own on-site café with delicious curated weekly menus, serving subsidised meals. We also have a central tea point where you can top up on tea, coffee, and fresh fruit anytime. Free healthy breakfast is offered on throughout the week, and we have a gated community space with a garden where you can sit and dine.
- We are situated at a riverside office location close to the city centre with excellent transport links, as we are a 2-minute walk away from buses to the centre, only a 7-minute walk away from Spinningfields and it is a 15-minute walk to St Peters square Metrolink or Piccadilly gardens.
- A highly positive, fun, and synergetic company culture with Summer and Christmas social events, seasonal celebrations, fortnightly football clubs and ‘dress down’ Fridays and opportunities to connect with and recognise teams across the business
- Your achievements are consistently celebrated, with our “applause” system, an active company feed where occasions such as your work anniversary and accomplishments of any nature are always recognised throughout your career with us
What would a typical day require?
- Data transformation, data modelling, and visuals design using appropriate tools
- Production of BAU and ad-hoc MI based on the needs of the business
- Engaging with stakeholders at all levels to capture requirements and develop innovative and insightful reports that will fulfil requirements and objectives
- Peer reviews of work within the MI team
- Documenting reporting processes in line with the governance framework
- Production of required information for the operational month end process
- Assisting the MI & Data Manager with the development of new tools / KPI’s to move the business forward and improve the efficiency of the business
- Providing support to the business with projects as required
- Manage an established suite of traditional tabular reports, making amendments where necessary to support the delivery of various departmental and business objectives
What do we need from you?
- A passion for analytics and data, staying up to date with the latest technology and trends in the field
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to translate data into a business story with an appreciation for the target audience
- Good attention to detail, placing a high value on data integrity, information governance and adherence to process
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise workloads
- Able to effectively communicate complex information to all levels of stakeholders
- Proactive, outgoing self-starter who is highly motivated to achieve and exceed targets
- Capable of building trusted and confidential relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Embracing and embodying MoneyPlus’ values– Be human, Work together, and Dream big.
What essential skills do you need?
- Strong experience using Python to develop predictive analytics
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience with advanced reporting tools such as Power BI
- Experience with developing and troubleshooting complex ETL processes
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Significant experience in an agile, technical environment
- Experience using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Working knowledge of MySQL
Knowledge of data warehousing techniques and experience of data warehousing in a cloud environment
Are you ready to join us?
MoneyPlus is one of the UK’s largest and most trusted financial solutions companies and with over 20 years’ experience, we’re firmly established in the sector. We strongly believe in providing the best quality advice and will go out of our way to do so. We need you to help us achieve our goals, are you ready to join us?