At MoneyPlus you’ll be joining a firm that will strive to support you and help you achieve your goals and ambitions. We expect you to work hard and behave professionally but we’ll ensure you have fun along the way. Building on our well-established roots, we’re looking to grow.
The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for the development of a wide range of both internally and externally facing systems. Working across all verticals within the Group (Advice, Insolvency, Legal) this role will key to the success of the business in delivering new systems and changes to the business in an agile manner.
As a Senior Developer you will be expected to mentor and support the other developers, take part in architecture and design sessions and ensure design, security and coding standards best practice is considered and applied where required. You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Development in estimating, planning and managing the development team’s sprints and workloads.
You will monitor the team’s Service Desk system to ensure development tickets are acknowledged, estimated and resolved in a speedy manner and in line with the department’s SLAs.
You will be responsible for documenting different systems that you have developed and ensure that knowledge on how those systems work is transferred to the wider development team. You will also be responsible for designing, documenting and maintaining the infrastructure in which our software runs on.
The role will have key involvement and a voice in shaping the Development team and its methodologies and practices.
This is a hybrid role with a mix of office and home working.
What’s in it for you?
Working at MoneyPlus, you’ll have access to:
- An open mindset that embraces new ideas and methodologies
- An ingrained dedication and opportunities to support our company nominated charity, Manchester Youth Zone
- Work perks a plenty, from a Medicash health plan – inclusive of 24/7 access to mental health support, everyday healthcare and treatments, cashback on glasses and more, company-wide freebies, discounts through Perkbox and discounted Costco membership
- Our very own on-site café with delicious curated weekly menus, serving subsidised meals. We also have a central tea point where you can top up on tea, coffee, and fresh fruit anytime. Free healthy breakfast is offered on throughout the week and we have a gated community space with a garden where you can sit and dine.
- We are situated at a riverside office location close to the city centre with excellent transport links, as we are a 2-minute walk away from buses to the centre, only a 7-minute walk away from Spinningfields and it is a 15-minute walk to St Peters square Metrolink or Piccadilly gardens.
- A highly positive, fun, and synergetic company culture with Summer and Christmas social events, seasonal celebrations, fortnightly football clubs and ‘dress down’ Fridays and opportunities to connect with and recognise teams across the business
- Your achievements are consistently celebrated, with our “applause” system, an active company feed where occasions such as your work anniversary and accomplishments of any nature are always recognised throughout your career with us
What do we need from you?
As an Senior Software Developer, we need you to have:
- Expert knowledge of NodeJS and PHP.
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks
- Experience creating automated test suites and ensuring quality in your code.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Appropriate degree, professional qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Proactive, outgoing, self-starter whom is highly motivated.
- Capable of building trusted relationship with colleagues at all levels.
- Driven by a passion to achieve good customer and business outcomes.
- Networking with colleagues in operations.
- Ability to articulate information in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Driven to achieve successful business improvements across all MoneyPlus entities.
– Any popular HTTP server framework (Hapi/Express/Nest etc.)
– Any database ORM (Sequelize/TypeORM/Bookshelf etc.)
- AWS (minimum: SQS)
- Any Single-Page App frontend frameworks (Ember/Vue/React/Angular etc.)
- Unit and integration testing (Mocha/Jest, Jasmine etc.)
- CI/CD (GitLab/GitHub/Bitbucket/Jenkins etc.)
AWS Step Functions/Lambda/CloudWatch/EventBridge/S3
What would your typical day involve?
Every day is different at MoneyPlus, but typically you can expect to:
- Develop solutions that perform, are reliable and secure.
- Work with the business and the project team to gather requirements and suggest solutions.
- Own your features from backlog to deployment and beyond.
- Deploy, run and support the solutions you build.
- Manage the service desk, estimate development and deliver resolutions to tickets
- Suggest new and improved ways of working to get products/changes to market sooner.
Are you ready to join us?
MoneyPlus is one of the UK’s largest and most trusted financial solutions companies and with over 20 years’ experience, we’re firmly established in the sector. We strongly believe in providing the best quality advice and will go out of our way to do so. We need you to help us achieve our goals, are you ready to join us?